Thursday, August 26, 2010

Phosphates

Trisodium phosphate, or TSP, does a great job cleaning stuff, but man does it smell bad.  Sometimes, if something is that hard to clean, it's just not worth it.

I've decided to officially write off the short story/novella/novel/epic saga/all-consuming black hole I've been working on on and off since before I left Montreal.  It's only getting to be more work without getting any better, and I don't think it's ever going to work - there are too many ideas for a short story and not nearly enough plot for...  Well, even for a short story, to be honest.  I'm happy enough with the version I wrote as a final assignment for my creative writing course, as a final assignment for a creative writing course, but it's never going to be anything else.

In theory this frees me up to write something else.  In practice, you're still more likely to get another entry about my latest beer.  (I put a lot of juniper berries in, about twice what's recommended, but I don't think I crushed them enough, because it certainly doesn't smell like gin...)

No comments:

Post a Comment