Saturday, November 13, 2010

Star Anise, Star Bright, First Beer I Drink Tonight...

I added two... Cloves? Stars? Flowers? Two units, approximately, of star anise, to the new minikeg of homebrew I carbonated a couple of days ago, and pulled the first glass tonight. I know they say two is enough for a whole batch (five gallons, versus the roughly one and a quarter gallons in the keg), but I like to go a little overboard.

Whoa boy did I overdo it this time, though. After fourty-eight hours it already tastes like there's a shot of Jagermeister in it, by the time the keg is done it'll be overwhelming.

I'm working on my next brew now (punny name to be revealed in time), even though I have an untapped keg of this one left in addition to the one in the fridge. I'm going to try to get into smaller batches for a while so that I can experiment more.

In other news the video is, possibly, done. I just need a final okay from my collaborator and then it's ready to upload.

No comments:

Post a Comment