Friday, October 07, 2011

Conspiracy Theories & Beer Design

The ninth episode of Community's second season is possibly one of the best written things, of any kind, ever.  It's like a little master class on showing rather than telling, a concept lots of people will parrot at you but very few really understand, to say nothing of how elegant the script is, no wasted motion.  And of course the direction, acting, and score are beautiful as well - I get caught up in it every time, which is impressive considering it's basically a big goof.

Also, la Corriveau Oat Stout is way better than I remembered.  I think we can actually get more different kinds of beer here in Alberta, and I'm pretty hooked into the community where you can get GOOD beer in Edmonton, but still, sometimes, I really miss drinking in Quebec.  Still, I probably wouldn't have started homebrewing if I hadn't moved here, and that's been pretty good for me in some ways.  Not physically so much, maybe, but you know, liver function isn't everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment