Saturday, October 24, 2009

Brewing Commences

I started my first batch of homebrew today. It's going to be a learning experience, for sure... Things I have learned already:

1. I need to make better arrangements for cleaning and sanitizing my equipment - what I went through today was ridiculous.

2. Those headaches probably were related to the TSP fumes.

3. Wort smells awesome. I wish my apartment always smelled like that.

4. My handwriting deteriorates very rapidly under stress.
5. Italics can be overused.

But now the primary fermenter is merrily fermenting away, or so I hope, in its dark corner, and I have a few days respite before I have to mess with it much again. A few days in which to figure out how to use the siphon without covering myself and my apartment in beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment