Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Considerations

I got caught working on a mathematical proof at work today, though fortunately I don't think they realized how much time I'd actually put into it. Fortunately I do most of the work in my head, so there isn't much of a paper trail, just a few diagrams and one false start. The proof is actually related to a potential future writing project. Of course, given my current level of productivity, I don't expect to actually start working on said project until sometime in 2097 at the earliest.

I'm reconsidering the blog. This is the general pattern; I spend some time on the design (it took a depressingly long time for me to do this), get psyched about what I'm going to write about, and then realize I don't actually like sharing. It's a problem. I should keep it in mind the next time I'm tempted to start one of these... We'll see where this one goes.

On the upside, I think I'm almost out of the train station. Another couple of months, at this rate, and I'll be able to start rewriting the next scene. By sometime next year I hope to have gotten sick of the story and decided whatever state it's in at that point is good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment